THE NATIONAL CERTIFICATION PROGRAM FOR NUCLEAR QUALITY ASSURANCE AUDITORS AND LEAD AUDITORS
Thank you for your interest in the LMJ International Certification Program for Nuclear Quality Assurance (NQA-1) Auditors and Lead Auditors. To acquire certification, you will be requested to provide verifiable documentary objective evidence of the following information:
- NQA-1 Lead Auditor training course certificate of successful completion;
- Work experience in Quality Assurance, Environmental, Health & Safety, Transportation, Safeguard & Securities and/or Software Quality Assurance activities;
- Demonstrated auditor/lead auditor experience
ASME NQA-1:2008, Requirement 2, Quality Assurance Program, Paragraph 303, Lead Auditor.
LMJ International combines these requirements with the guidance provided in NQA-1 2012 Subpart 3.1-2.2 Implementing Guidance for Part I, Requirement 2, Quality Assurance Programs, Lead Auditor Qualification. This is the exact same criteria from previous versions of NQA-1, and is by far the most widely recognized method for auditor/lead auditor qualification/certification in the nuclear industry.
The prospective Lead Auditor will demonstrate verifyable evidence that a minimum of 10 credits have been accumulated under the scoring system covering:
- Education (4 credits maximum)
- Experience (9 credits maximum)
- Other credentials of professional competence (2 credits maximum)
- Rights of Management (2 credits maximum)
AUDITOR/LEAD AUDITOR TRAINING COURSE QUALIFICATION AND ELIGIBILITY:
Any auditor who has successfully completed an approved NQA-1 Lead Auditor training course from February, 2012, through February, 2015, is considered eligible for application. The following course(s) are recognized within our program:
- The LMJ International Course No. 101, "NQA-1 / 10CFR Part 50 Appendix B Nuclear Quality Assurance Lead Auditor Certification Training."
- An acceptable alternative will be considered if the course is specifically and NQA-1 Lead Auditor Training Course.
PLEASE NOTE: Any accredited 36 or 40 hour RAB or IRCA Accredited QMS Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course IS NOT an acceptable alternative in fulfillment of the training portion requirements of this National Certification Program.
LMJ International is proud to begin our 12th year of provided qualification AND certification for both:
- Nuclear Quality Assurance Auditor, and
- Nuclear Quality Assurance Lead Auditor
The following standards, orders, and/or specifications will be acceptable at various levels for verifying eligibility and auditor experience and qualification requirements:
- NQA-1 2008; 2009/2011addendum
- 10CFR Part 50 Appendix B
- 10CFR 830.120
- DOE Order 414.1C and 1D (current)
This certification program is ideal for independent contractors who are not currently employed by an organization with an established NQA-1 Quality Assurance Program. By maintaining this independent certification, you can keep your qualifications current, and not have to go through the rigors of requalification. The up-to-date qualification records may also be "plugged in" very effectively to an existing program to allow you to participate as a contractor providing lead auditor services!
We look forward to hearing from you, and answering any questions or comments you may have.
Gregory P. Johnson
President/ CEO - LMJ International